dtrace on pid cant trace functions from a dynaically loaded lib using dlopen
saurabh shukla
2011-07-19 13:30:59 UTC
Raw Message

I am trying to trace a process that dynamically load one my my
libraries using dlopen and dlsym.
dtrace fails with
probe description pid3629:libxyz.so::entry does not match any probes

when I use dtrace with -Z; it work but can only trace upto the
calling function from my process but does not trace any of the
functions from the dlsym based callback.

I referred old mail thread
but I guess LD_NOLAZYLOAD won't work in my case.

Here is my Solaris release and build -

bash-3.00# cat /etc/release
Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC
Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Assembled 11 August 2010

bash-3.00# uname -a
SunOS heliosl3 5.10 Generic_142909-17 sun4v sparc sun4v

Any suggestions??